Yahoo has confirmed that a laptop burst into flames at its Santa Clara, Calif. campus.
A spokeswoman declined to give details, but confirmed in an email sent late Wednesday that a laptop caught fire. "Thankfully, no one was hurt during this incident," she said.
The fire prompted a 45-minute evacuation of a couple of hundred people at Yahoo's Mission College campus, according to tech site BetaNews.
Pictures of the laptop's remains were posted on Flickr, a photo-sharing site owned by Yahoo. While the brand of the computer wasn't visible in the pictures, BetaNews reported that it was a Dell.
Dell last month recalled 4.1 million defective Sony laptop batteries that could overheat and burst into flames. The recall was the largest in consumer electronics history. Later that month, Apple Computer recalled 1.8 million of the same lithium-ion batteries.