This is pure gold. The Doghouse Diaries put together a list of 20 things that are already "known" about Apple's yet-to-be-announced tablet. It couldn't be more right.Score one for The Doghouse Diaries. Let's circle back in 30 days to see how many they get right.
1. It will make you want one.
2. It will be missing something "essential".
3. It will have at least one really surprising feature.
4. It will singlhandedly re-monetize some waning industry.
5. It will be Time Magazine's device of the year.
6. It will have short battery life.
7. It will standardize at least one new technology.
8. Steve Ballmer will say it's too expensive and too limiting.
9. Companies will start playing catch-up. Their products will be deemed "iTablet/iSlate killers."
10. All other similar products will be compared to it in their reviews.
11. At least one major critic will hate it on principle alone, then he'll actually try it for a week. It will become his main machine and he will write a story on his transition to the device.
12. People will sarcastically say that it does everything including making you coffee. This will somehow never get old.
13. At least one company will make an absolutely ridiculous and useless peripheral for it.
14. A group of people will say they're waiting until it has feature X before they buy one. It will get that feature. They still won't buy it.
15. Almost all cases for the device will be way too expensive.
16. It will somehow be used in the military.
17. You'll eventually get over its name.
18. Analysts will claim that it bridges the iPhone to Mac gap, thus helping the "halo" effect, without any evidence.
19. Early adopters will be heart-broken when v2 of the product comes out.
20. People will say Apple did an upgrade of the device too quickly. Steve Jobs will say get over it.