re: Samsung Ads Poke Fun At Apple Fanboys
This type of advertising (trying to show up your competitor) works best when you are coming from behind, as in the Mac-PC commercials.
Since Samsung claims to sell more phones than Apple, this ad comes off as Samsung's insecurity about their lead.
Besides, if it was an honest representation of iPhone owners in that ad, they would be making fun of the Samsung Galaxy S II for:
- being a breeding ground for Android viruses;
- not being sure if you will be able to upgrade your phone in a year;
- the huge honking size of the phone;
- the lesser battery life due to the large screen and 4G drain;
- the lack of Siri AI assistant;
- the lower quality apps;
- less user friendly OS;
- no free iCloud auto-syncing service;
- and the tentative future of Android OS due to the infringement of intellectual property from Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.