re: Microsoft Surface Pro: Right For You?
Well, I've now had my Surface Windows 8 Pro for a week. Some of my additional findings
* Skype worked flawlessly, much better than my 2-year old Win7 laptop.
* I'm starting to get used to the Win8 NetFlix app. (It's probably too early to say I like it.) NetFlix really makes the Surface Pro shine. (BTW, I'm really enjoying House of Cards.)
* I found it hard to get more than 3 hours of power. I've started tweaking the power settings, including dimming the screen a bit. We'll see if I can get closer to the rated 4.5
* So far, I haven't used the unit for iTunes consumption. I did use it for ordering content. The problem is I have an Apple TV box on my 42" LED TV and I have an iPhone. The former is better to view purchased TV shows or movies and the latter is better to listen to music.
* I gave up using the stylus as a pointing device and got myself a Bluetooth Mouse. Much better! I might even consider a Bluetooth keyboard.
* I'm looking forward to more applications being ported to a Microsoft Store app. It gets annoying switching between both modes. (I was not impressed when the Google Drive Viewer put me into a browser window.)
The bottom line for me is that I use the device in places and times where I normallly would have relied on paper. That, to me, is the biggest impact.