re: Android Vs. iOS Vs. Windows Phone 7: Enterprise Shootout
For future reference...
It's really simple! The mistake you made was to add all your accounts to the first Linked Inbox.
Suppose you have 4 email accounts which you have already setup on your phone (Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) and you want one linked inbox for Outlook and Hotmail, and one linked inbox for Gmail and Yahoo. Here's how you do this -
1. From your apps list, click on one of the accountsyou want to link (eg Outlook) to open the email app.
2. Click the 3 dots to bring up the menu, then click "link inboxes".
3. It will show you "This Inbox" which will be the one you clicked on (eg Outlook) and below that it will show you all the other inboxes which you can link. From that list, click Hotmail. This will link your Hotmail and your Outlook accounts into one inbox.
4. Now click "rename linked inbox" and save it. Lets call it "Work Email".
5. Now come out of the email app and you will have a new tile called "Work Email" which you can pin to the home screen and contains both your Outlook and Hotmail account. Your individual tiles for your Outlook and Hotmail will no longer appear in the apps list until you decide to unlink them.
Now repeat this for your Gmail and Yahoo account to create a second linked inbox, called Private Email for example.
Now you know how to do this! :)