Why do people these days always feel the need to get the latest iStuff? There is barely any difference between the very first iPhone and the 6. A touch screen phone with internet... WOW!
You shouldn't be able to complain about the economy or your own personal financial situation if you blow your money on trivial Apple crap.
Many American have a steak taste on a hamburger budget . That's part of the problem we now face from a long time ago. Barrow to the max and then whine about now having enough money . Nice house , car or truck and boat. Can you afford them or does it really matter at this period of time?
I'm just gonna make smart decisions with my money so I don't end up with an empty bank account:
1) Paying off my debts as they come to me. Never holding a credit card balance longer than a month. If this means living in a small studio apartment and eating ramen, rice, and beans, so be it.
2) I will always buy small, fuel efficient and durable cars. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic now. It costs me nothing to fill up and next to nothing to insure ($25/month from Insurance Panda... woohoo!). I will not drive when I don't need to, and use public transportation whenever possible.
3) Developing multiple revenue streams. Doing side jobs. Building up small businesses. Doing contract work. Basically doing whatever I can to generate income from multiple sources.
4) Grow my revenue and assets no matter what. Make sure I am always expanding and develop them to the point that they consistently generate reliable cash flow.
5) The most important one - make as much as I can. Save as much as I can.
iPhones... ecigarettes... Starbucks... $12 Chipotle Burritos...new clothes.. organic lipgloss... expensive yoga classes. Why not try living in your means for once? No wonder we have a debt crisis.